The 27th Session of the Asia-Pacific Regional Space Agency Forum (APRSAF-27)
“Expand Space Innovation through Diverse Partnerships”
30 November – 3 December 2021, Online
This year, the 27th session of the APRSAF (APRSAF-27) will be held online under the theme “Expand Space Innovation through Diverse Partnerships” from 30 November to 3 December.
The first two days will be dedicated to the WGs sessions, and plenary sessions will be held on the last two days.
The APRSAF promotes concrete regional/international cooperation on space activities through open and voluntary participation. To reflect a broad range of views and voices, we highly encourage participation from diverse organizations such as space agencies, relevant ministries, user organizations of space technologies, development aid agencies, the private sector, universities, and international/regional organizations.
- Expand Space Innovation through Diverse Partnerships
- Working Groups
The first and second day of APRSAF-27 (30 November – 1 December) will be devoted to sessions of five working groups: Satellite Applications for Societal Benefit Working Group (SAWG), Enhancement of Space Capability Working Group (SCWG), Space Education for All Working Group (SE4AWG), Space Frontier Working Group (SFWG), and Space Policy & Law Working Group (SPLWG). The five working groups will hold parallel sessions.
- New Workshop
- The Space Industry Workshop will be held on the third and fourth day of APRSAF-27 (2 – 3 December).
- The plenary session will take place on the third and fourth day of APRSAF-27 (2 – 3 December) and will offer both live and recorded sessions.
- The plenary session will feature reports by APRSAF-participating countries focusing on space policies as well as their space activities. There will also be panel discussions including reports from the APRSAF Working Groups and Initiatives: Sentinel Asia (disaster management support system in the Asia-Pacific region), SAFE (Space Applications For Environment), Kibo-ABC (Asian Beneficial Collaboration Through “Kibo” Utilization), and NSLI (National Space Legislation Initiative).
- APRSAF Activities
- On 29 November, workshops will be held by two APRSAF Initiatives: SAFE and Kibo-ABC. A Water Rocket Event, Poster Contest, and Exhibition will also be organized prior to or in parallel with APRSAF-27