ICEYE is building the world’s largest constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites. The satellites can take images at any time of day – even when it’s cloudy or dark – and those images will let our customers understand the world better and make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and raised over $65M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish based international startup with employees from more than 25 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!
To support the growth of the company, we are now looking for a 3D Graphics Engineer to our headquarters in Espoo, Finland.
Work with radar signal simulation to enable new analytics application by contributing to the core processing infrastructure of ICEYE:
- Modern ray tracing computation enables complex simulations with massive amount of rays without compromise on precision, bringing even wavelength-level scattering effects from complex objects to the field of geometric physics modeling
- Invent, develop next generation algorithms for 3D rendering
- Working within the data analytics and radar processing teams within ICEYE
To succeed in this position, we expect you to have:
- Strong interest in following fields: 3D graphics, theoretical physics, digital signal processing
- Strong experience in field of 3D ray tracing
- Some experience with 3D modeling (e.g. Blender, Maya…)
- Some CUDA coding experience, preferably you’ve implemented a basic ray tracer yourself in CUDA
- Some experience in remote sensing, GIS, aerospace, SAR
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, analytical and problem-solving expertise
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Agile and DevOps experience
- A job that matters
- Dynamic working environment
- Unique experience and opportunity in the new-space industry
- Relocation package
- Extraordinary possibility for self-development, research time, ability to attend trainings, conferences or certification schemes