Today, ATG Europe is recognized as a leading provider of specialized engineering, scientific and technical services to the aerospace and high-tech industry. Our headquarters are located in Noordwijk, The Netherlands, the technical hub of Europes space activities. We also have subsidiaries in Germany and the UK. Always close to our customers.
We are looking for an intern for our ATG Virtual Lab for our Headquarters in Noordwijk, the Netherlands.
ATG Vistual Labis the business unit within ATG Europe that creates functional virtual and augmented reality tools for the space sector. At ATG Europe, we realize that communication is key in engineering, especially when it comes to complex projects. And it is exactly in those complex projects, in space and other high-tech development programs, in those projects that involve many actors and subsystems, that a lot of time and money are lost because of poor communication. Poor communication that leads to misinterpretation, misconceptions or simply misunderstandings of what is important or what is at stake.
At ATG Europe we intend to solve this. Our business unit ATG Virtual Lab develops tools that allow communication on technical issues through virtual means, on- or off line, throughout the supply chain.
You will be working with the team of ATG Virtual Lab, one of the business units of the division ATG SpaceLabs within ATG Europe. The internship will focus on creating high quality and optimized 3d assets to be used in real-time scenarios. As such your work will contribute to making our virtual reality tools as realistic as possible, truly bringing them to life. You will assist your colleagues in the creation of next-gen engineering and communication tools, both VR/AR applications and traditional desktop software. This means that you will contribute actively to concept designing and problem-solving across various domains. You will work together with the rest of the team to meet art/modelling standards and deadlines. The work can be demanding, but the learning opportunities are certainly making up for that.
Our ideal candidate is willing to learn various new tools and methods on the job and is driven to complete the assignment in time. An open mind, a willingness to think out of the box combined with a healthy dose of realism is key to this assignment. Sticking to the schedule, timely execution and anticipation of possible delays is an important part of the project the candidate will be working on. He or she is not afraid of tackling big problems and takes initiative to introduce improvements in all aspects of his/her work. The candidate has a positive attitude, an open mind and, hopefully, at least a rudimentary sense of humor. Last but not least, given the topic of the study, a passion for space and of course virtual reality is definitely helpful.;
- Must currently be a student pursuing either a bachelors or masters degree in industrial design/game design/architecture or a related field and as such an internship required by study program;
- Must be allowed to perform an internship in the Netherlands without additional provisions being required for residence or work permits, etc.;
- Must have an interest in exploring new and novel interactions for virtual reality applications;
- Must have Experience with the 3D modelling pipeline including software such as Blender, Maya,
- Substance Painter, Quixel, or similar programs;
- has the right communication skills to work in a multi-disciplinary team;
- deally has a portfolio of modelling/design work to showcase his/her abilities;
- Pragmatic attitude;
- Good communication skills in English;
- Personal initiative and thirst for improvement;
- Willingness to work hard in order to learn many things in a short time period;
- Well organised and capable of organising an efficient workflow;
- Capable of working in an ambitious team with occasional peaks in workload;
- Willing to take initiative and responsibility.
What Do We Offer
- An internship fee of 600 euro /month;
- Work on actual projects and developments;
- A dedicated tutor and back-office to support you;
- Flexibility in terms of working hours;
- A challenging environment;
- A stepping stone to an inspiring industrial sector.