At 3M, we collaboratively apply science to improve everyday life as our employees connect with customers around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking and take risks on new ideas. Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.
The person hired for the position of React Developer will be responsible for assisting with the development needs in support of 3M’s Digital Marketing initiatives. While the primary focus for this position will be React JS development for Digital Marketing, there is potential the position will be involved in other activities within the application portfolio including platform maintenance/improvement, bug fixing, and deployments.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Gather and document technical requirements and create high-quality code.
- Works closely with UX, Business, Architects, and QA teams to ensure the technology will be functional and meet performance targets on all web platforms (mobile, desktop).
- Develop user-facing features using React JS.
- Participate in Scrum team ceremonies.
- Optimize created components for performance improvement.
- Aide in defect resolution thru troubleshooting.
- Create/maintain unit tests and automated build scripts using Jest.
- Provide feedback on processes when an opportunity for improvement exists.
- Provide code review, guidance, and support to other members in fulfilling their tasks and improving their performance.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited university.
- Full-time availability.
- Minimum 1 year of proven experience with React JS development.
- Familiarity with modern front-end builds pipelines and tools.
- Experience with one or more of the following: Webpack or other module bundlers, Babel.
- Experience with RESTful web services and JSON.
- Knowledge using Features like Redux, Flux, and React Hooks.
- Ability to gain new technical skills quickly.
- Customer service skills, responsive attitude.
- Excellent problem solving, troubleshooting, and debugging skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; ability to communicate complex technical concepts in layman’s terms.
- Experience participating in cross-functional and remote teams.
- Experience with Agile and understanding of Scrum.
- Experience with one or more of the following: ESLINT, jQuery, Handlebars, RequireJS.
- Experience with agile process tools. (i.e. Jira, Confluence, etc).
- Knowledge of CICD tools. (i.e. GitHub, Jenkins, etc).
- Experience with one or more of the following testing tools: Jest, Mocha, Chai.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Experience in Node.
- Knowledge of Elastic Search.
- May include up to 10% international.
Supporting Your Well-being
3M offers many programs to help you live your best life – both physically and financially. To ensure competitive pay and benefits, 3M regularly benchmarks with other companies that are comparable in size and scope.
Imagine your future in 3M
At 3M, inspiration happens daily. Here, science is how magic happens. Except it is not magic, it is the right science, applied in the right way by the people of 3M. Here, your ideas help shape everyday lives around the globe. Here, you matter. You inspire. Challenge. Create. Thrive. Here, you go. Apply now and discover inspired opportunities!
Learn more about 3M’s creative solutions to the world’s problems.
3M is an equal opportunity employer. 3M will not discriminate against any job applicant on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Our approach to flexibility is called Work Your Way, which puts employees first and drives well-being in ways that enable 3M’s business and performance goals. You have flexibility in where and when work gets done. It all depends on where and when you can do your best work.
Please note: your application can not be considered if you do not provide your education and history, either through:
- the possibility of uploading a resume
- or entering the information in the direct application fields.
Please access the document by reviewing the information. Before sending your application, you will be required to confirm your consent with these terms.