Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, Swedish National Space Agency, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
The Director of Operations is accountable for the operational performance of the business; delivering the financial plan; shaping and executing company strategy as well as developing the team and the site to meet future growth plans. Furthermore, the role will provide people leadership and act as Company Representative to internal and external stakeholders.
The site operations include both delivery of customer projects based on our cutting-edge product portfolio and the development of new technologies as well as manufacturing of satellites and products and its supporting processes.
The role will also drive business transformation and improvement activities, supporting the site through a period of growth and change management.
Responsibilities will include:
- Provide leadership of the site including load and capacity and organisational structure
- Accountable for all operational performance metrics (safety, quality, cost, people and delivery)
- Deliver the financial plan
- Company representative to external stakeholders and customers
- Setting strategic direction for the site
- People Leadership skills
- Financial and commercial acumen
- KPI Setting, delivery and management
- Ability to motivate the team and achieves goals through the work of others
- Professionalism and strong work ethic
- Experience in product and production systems for space or other industrial applications
- Ability to interact with key internal and external stakeholders in country and globally
Why AAC Clyde Space
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join, lead and develop a very highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth and space environment
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace