Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role
As we expand our platform capabilities at AAC Clyde Space* we are looking for creative, driven and enthusiastic embedded software engineers to join our avionics team to assist in the development, testing and deployment of our world-class satellite technology.
Responsibilities will include
- Management of software engineering team, forecasting demand, leading recruitment and allocating resource
- Leadership and development of the team, coaching and mentoring to support growth
- Owning and improving software development processes
- Leading the development and delivery of embedded software on board our satellite fleet
- Software requirements definition from customer or mission requirements
- Creation of tooling to automate and streamline the production of our embedded systems
- Candidate should be educated to at least bachelor’s degree standard in software engineering or other appropriate subject
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver work to time, cost, and quality requirements
- Estimation of effort for work packages across software domain
- Planning and allocation of resources
- Driving projects using SCRUM methodology
- Mentoring and development of peers
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Must be a confident C programmer with experience of developing for embedded systems
- Comfortable developing tools in Python to assist with the testing and deployment of embedded systems
- Working with other developers using modern version control methodologies such as Gitflow
- Software development for RTOS systems
- A background in working to industry standards such as MISRA-C or safety critical software
- Experienced in continuous integration workflows
- An understanding of the upper levels of the software stack, working with APIs and some web-technologies (e.g. Flask, Django, Vue.js, Electron)
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace