Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
As we expand our platform capabilities at AAC Clyde Space we are looking for a creative, driven, and enthusiastic FPGA SDR engineer to join our AAC Space Africa team to assist in developing, testing and deploying our world-class satellite technology of custom hardware and software for space and terrestrial based RF communications systems.
Responsibilities will include:
- Architecting and coding FPGA designs in a hardware description language and embedded software for
- System-on-Chip devices.
- System engineering of communication subsystems using SDR and DSP techniques.
- Producing design documents.
- Validating and analysing designs for errors and efficiency.
- Development of digital radio transmitters and receivers in Software Defined Radio architectures.
- Embedded hardware design skills to support the above, including the use of COTS SDR devices.
- Application of DSP techniques in SDR-based communication systems.
- Proficiency with VHDL and Tcl scripting language.
- Experience with Verilog and SystemVerilog beneficial.
- Proficiency with a full design and simulator environment such as Vivado, Libero, ModelSim.
- Ability to transition between hardware languages and abstraction layers on an as needed basis and demonstrate excellence throughout.
- Must be a confident C programmer with experience in developing for embedded systems.
Comfortable developing tools in Python to assist with the testing and deployment of embedded systems.
- Working with other developers using modern version control systems such as Git.
- The FPGA Software Defined Radio Engineer position requires excellent communication skills as
- FPGA engineers interact with team members in different engineering disciplines.
- Work independently or as part of a team, demonstrate strong critical thinking skills and be collaborative in your approach to solving problems.
- 4+ years in FPGA design, including of experience in the full FPGA design life cycle, Vivado design tool flow, and FPGA design for network applications.
- Software Defined Radio experience.
- Familiarity with high-speed serial interfaces like LVDS, JESD204B.
- Familiarity with Secure IP and experience evaluating vendor IP cores.
- Candidate should be educated to at least bachelor’s degree standard in a relevant field