Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our main operations of the collective AAC Clyde Space AB Group are in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA, and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Our Uppsala site is not only our head office, but it also specialises in advanced satellite components and is now gearing up for satellite manufacturing.
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TO OUR TEAM IN UPPSALA, SWEDEN
We are looking for an additional Software Developer colleague to our Uppsala team.
In order to support an increased customer demand and growing order book we need to extend the Software team. This is a full-time role for an experienced software developer with a background within Space Projects or a similar with good insights in product development. The focus of the Uppsala team is to design, develop, manufacture, deliver and commission our next range of satellite equipment projects. In this role you will be expecting to contribute to the high-level design and architecture of the systems under development as well as implementation and test.
You will be expected to work within projects of different sizes in cooperation with our other subsidiaries. Travel may be needed occasionally.
The Uppsala office currently consists of around 30 skilled staff, here you can expect to work in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to high level design and architecture of software systems
- Design and implement new application features using C/C++
- Using scripting for test and implementation (eg Make, Bash, Python)
- Maintaining and improving existing technology BSP adaptations
- Deploying applications on RTEMS and Linux
- Using git and Jenkins
- Experience of engineering development projects
- A confident C programmer with experience of developing for embedded systems
- Experience of agile methodologies for software development
- Experience with embedded software and Real-time operating systems
- SCRUM methodology and leadership
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make decisive decisions, ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of environmental testing and ESA quality management is a bonus
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace