Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
Mechanical Design Engineer TO OUR TEAM IN UPPSALA, SWEDEN
We are looking for a Mechanical engineer with industrial experience in mechanical development engineering, though applications from outside these areas are encouraged if the candidate can demonstrate an applicable skill set or experience. The candidate will have an eye for detail, and a broad experience is more valuable than deep specific knowledge, due to the multi-faceted nature of such a design. Your design will fly in orbit!
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of mechanical components such as spacecraft subsystems.
- Design of mechanical structures, including electrical architecture.
- Structural and thermal analysis of subsystems and satellite platforms.
- Producing manufacturing drawings for suppliers and manufacturing instructions for in-house assembly.
- Interaction with supply chain to source components at appropriate cost, timescale and quality.
- Practical work to aid assembly integration and test teams where required.
- BEng(Hons) or higher degree in Mechanical Engineering or related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Industrial experience
- Experience in using CAD systems, preferably SolidWorks.
- Solid understanding of structural and thermal design and analysis principles, and practical experience of performing such analysis.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and progress projects in parallel.
- Ability to work flexibly and apply oneself to problems outside of core competencies as required by a small, fast-growing organisation.
- Practical skills in fabricating and modifying mechanical parts (hand tools, mill, lathe).
- Thermal, vibration and/or shock testing experience
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
Why AAC Clyde Space
- A unique opportunity to become a part of shaping and growing one of the world leading companies in the fast-growing space industry
- Join, be a part of develop yourself in a very highly skilled team of colleagues
- We are working on a daily basis to ensure that space technology works to the benefit of the Earth and space environment
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace