Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
About AAC Clyde Space
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded FPGA developer with 3-6 years of industrial experience to contribute to our design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems, with an emphasis on FPGA and digital electronics. The candidate should show strong aptitude, share our enthusiasm for space, FPGA development and be a strong team player. Your design will fly in orbit!
Responsibilities will include:
- Design of our on-board computer system-on-chip FPGA designs for space applications
- Architectural design and review of avionics and FPGA designs
- Be part of testing together with software or electronics team
- To improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- To engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in several of the following areas:
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in system on chip, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- HDL design for FPGA systems (VHDL)
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Knowledge of high speed digital design (SERDES)
- Digital Electronics hardware design experience
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing FPGA designs
- Reliability design analyses
- Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience of coding in C and Python (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
- Test driven development and unit testing
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions, as well as an ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of board testing and ESA quality management is considered a bonus
This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.