Space is Awesome
ABOUT AAC CLYDE SPACE
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
FPGA DEVELOPER TO OUR TEAM IN UPPSALA, SWEDEN
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded FPGA developer with 3-6 years of industrial experience to contribute to our design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems, with an emphasis on FPGA and digital electronics. The candidate should show strong aptitude, share our enthusiasm for space, FPGA development and be a strong team player. Your design will fly in orbit!
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Design of our on-board computer system-on-chip FPGA designs for space applications
- Architectural design and review of avionics and FPGA designs
- Be part of testing together with software or electronics team
- To improve current designs and undertake design reviews with the rest of the team
- To engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Generation and maintenance of technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
A successful candidate will have relevant experience in several of the following areas:
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in system on chip, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- HDL design for FPGA systems (VHDL)
- Ability to work as part of a team of engineers to deliver work packages to time, cost and quality
- Knowledge of high speed digital design (SERDES)
- Digital Electronics hardware design experience
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Ability to diagnose and debug new and existing FPGA designs
- Reliability design analyses
- Experience designing Hardware/Software interfaces
- Embedded communication systems and standards, including use and understanding of CAN, SPI, I2C and UART
- Experience with DSP algorithms or dataflow implementations
- Experience of coding in C and Python (application and/or device drivers) will be beneficial
- Test driven development and unit testing
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make educated decisions, as well as an ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of board testing and ESA quality management is considered a bonus
- This position is available to fill immediately. Applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and cover letter, in English or Swedish.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data, please click on the Link to see our job applicant privacy notice.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.
Closing date 30th of August 2021