Space is Awesome
SENIOR SOFTWARE DEVELOPER TO OUR SWEDISH TEAM IN UPPSALA
We are looking for an additional Software Developer colleague to our Uppsala team.
In order to support an increased customer demand and growing order book we need to extend the Software team. This is a full-time role for an experienced software developer with a background within Space Projects or a similar area, and good insights in product development. The focus of the Uppsala team is to design, develop, manufacture, deliver and commission our next range of satellite equipment projects. In this role you will be expecting to contribute to the high-level design and architecture of the systems under development as well as implementation and test.
You will be expected to work within projects of different sizes in cooperation with our Glasgow office and other subsidiaries. Travel may be needed occasionally.
The Uppsala office currently consists of around 30 skilled staff, here you can expect to work in a warm and friendly atmosphere.
Responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to high level design and architecture of software systems
- Design and implement new application features using C/C++
- Using scripting for test and implementation (eg Make, Bash, Python)
- Investigate and solve bugs
- BSP adaptations
- Deploying applications on RTEMS and Linux
- Using git and Jenkins
- Experience of engineering development projects
- Experience working with automation and CI
- Experience of agile methodologies for software development
- Experience with embedded software and Real-time operating systems
- Good understanding of systems and mission requirements
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Ability to work independently and make decisive decisions, ability to support junior team members
- Knowledge of environmental testing and ESA quality management is a bonus
- This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly with CV and covering letter, in English or Swedish.