The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
BECOME A PART OF OUR EXPANSION
Come join the AAC Clyde Space expansion and become a vital part of building the first satellite mission to be delivered from our new satellite manufacturing in Uppsala. We are looking for a Satellite System Engineer colleague to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced Engineer who can work to deliver our next range of satellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mission concept design & trade studies
- Perform role of technical lead for new spacecraft missions, co-ordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines
- Communicate regular technical updates to the customer(s)
- Control interfaces within the spacecraft platform and with customer payloads.
- Requirements and verification management
- Define concept of operations to control and operate the Spacecraft systems.
- Support AIT team, during assembly and test of spacecraft, to ensure requirements are met and any non-conformances are assessed.
- Support Operations team during the commissioning of Spacecraft in-flight
- Support Business Development team with technical input to proposals.
- MSc or higher degree in engineering, science, or maths
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as a system engineer within the space industry (note: experience of other disciplines within the space industry will also be considered)
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations.
- The ability to work to meet tight deadlines and progress several different projects in parallel.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- Experience working within the space industry.
- Experience working as a satellite system engineer within the space industry
- Previous experience working specifically with CubeSats
- A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards relevant to Space engineering)
- Experience with 1 or more of the software items below:
- Requirements management tools, i.e. IBM DOORS or similar
- CAD software, ie. SolidWorks
- Numerical computing environments, i.e. MATLAB, Python
- Orbital simulation tools, i.e. STK
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.