Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
We are looking for an enthusiastic and technically minded Electronics Team Lead to contribute to the design of state-of-the-art satellite subsystems. To be successful in this role we will look for previous experience of managing or leading teams, projects, and driving the products. The team leader will need to be a highly organised individual coordinating and motivating the team across complex projects whilst prioritising and planning resources.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management and leadership of electronics design team.
- Leading the design of electronic systems for space applications
- Ownership of existing product lines whilst driving continuous improvement
- Engage with stakeholders (technicians, engineers, and clients) to ensure correct functionality, operation, manufacture, and integration of our systems in a timely manner
- Oversee and review technical design documentation including requirements capture, technical descriptions and user manuals
- Detailed technical qualification and management of customer and vendor requirements
- Candidate should be educated to at least Bachelor’s degree in Electronic and Electrical Engineering
- Ability to lead a team of engineers to deliver work on time, to cost and meeting quality requirements
- Estimation of effort for work packages across electronics domain
- Planning and allocation of resources across team
- Leading and developing expanding teams within a growing business
- Mentoring and development of peers
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Electronics hardware design experience
- Extensive knowledge or experience in schematic capture and PCB layout (using any CAD/EDA software)
- Knowledge of diagnosis and debug of new and existing electronic designs
- An awareness of firmware and software integration within electronic systems
- Experience with mixed signal electronics design (analogue / digital)
- Design for Manufacture and Design for Test awareness
- Previous multidisciplinary project experience
- Reporting at leadership or board level