Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivaled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
The Project Manager will be expected to lead their allocated projects throughout the project lifecycle delivering each successfully against objectives in terms of technical requirements, budgets, and schedule.
Principal responsibilities will include customer liaison, planning project delivery, schedule management including identification of critical path activities, active risk management, management of project teams, subcontractors, and suppliers, managing project budgets in terms of cost and revenue, and maintaining accurate forecasts.
The objective of the project manager is to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, within the technical specifications, and to the customer’s complete satisfaction. Demonstrable project management competence is essential; space or aerospace engineering background is desirable.
The Project Manager will be expected to maintain an active personal development plan and contribution to the company’s continuous improvement plan.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deliver the company’s projects allocated to budget, schedule, and quality constraints;
- Ownership of the Project Management work-package of multiple development projects: planning, identifying and progressing critical paths, maintaining accurate forecasts, and managing risks;
- Maintain accurate project forecasts and delivery of project revenue and profit expectations;
- Negotiate specific project requirements with customers and manage necessary variations;
- Actively manage risk, issue, and action registers, and project history logs;
- Monitor and report progress of projects to senior management;
- Manage the information flow to our project teams, partners, subcontractors, and other stakeholders;
- Chair project milestone reviews with customers (e.g. Critical Design Review) and ensures milestone schedules are met;
- Actively participate as part of the company management team in a manner fitting the position;
- Manage key stakeholders to ensure their continued support;
- Motivate and lead the project teams to ensure a high level of performance;
- Co-ordinate sub-contractors, partners, and suppliers;
- Ensure continued resource availability to deliver the project plan;
- Manage customer expectations and maintain good working relationships;
- Ensure delivered products are compliant with the agreed Scope of Work;
- Ensure project is delivered within all statutory legal and procedural requirements;
- Ensure quality and delivery gives rise to repeat business.
You must demonstrate:
- Experience in managing and delivering complex engineering development projects;
- Clear and disciplined competence in project management methodology, with professional certification highly desirable;
- Use of suitable tools such as Microsoft Project to schedule, track, and measure project status and performance;
- Definition, allocation, communication, and prioritization of tasks and priorities, within a multi-disciplined engineering and manufacturing team;
- Ability to work well in an engineering development team and contribute to the development of junior team members;
- Ability to work independently and demonstrate effective decision-making;
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations;
- Strong leadership and negotiating skills for managing all key stakeholders including internal teams, supply-chain, customers, and other key external stakeholders;
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Office tools and other relevant IT skills.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
As part of our recruitment process, we collect and process personal data relating to job applicants. We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use this data.
AAC Clyde Space has a legal responsibility to ensure that all its employees have the legal right to live and work in the EU. Therefore, if you are made an offer of employment, this will be subject to AAC Clyde Space verifying that you are eligible to work in the EU before you start work. AAC Clyde Space is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful. You will be sent an email by our recruitment team acknowledging receipt of your application and we would welcome that you follow up with them for feedback.