Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
- Responsible for supporting all engineering and production procurement activities within the business, working closely with all key project stakeholders. You will be the primary supply chain contact working closely with our suppliers to deliver on our ambitious mission objectives
Responsibilities will include:
- Acts as primary interface between supply chain and the business for all supplier related issues
- Develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders within AAC Clyde Space and have a deep understanding of internal project needs
- Negotiate acquisitions of materials, software, services, maintenance and support requirements to deliver savings to the business
- Negotiate contracts, pricing and purchase terms with suppliers
- Review opportunities to make business savings through procurement best practices
- Administers Purchase orders of varying complexity
- Identifies and resolves issues and problems on assigned purchase orders and makes clear and articulate recommendations to the management team
- Analyse risk and manage risk mitigation activities to ensure purchasing OTD is greater than 90%
- Can demonstrate a successful track record of managing a supply chain and internal customers
- Strong organisational, written and oral communication skills
- Must be able to work independently, establish priorities and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Experience of managing project related component and equipment procurement in an engineering company e.g. Semiconductors, Electronics, Aerospace and Defence
- Experience of evaluating supplier performance and driving supplier improvement activities
- Strong knowledge of Supply Chain processes and activities
- Strong Project management skills within a Supply Chain environment
- CIPS qualification preferred but not essential
- Strong knowledge of MRP / ERP systems essential
- Knowledge of stock control processes an advantage