We specialise in advanced nanosatellite spacecraft, mission services, and reliable subsystems. Providing market-leading New Space solutions and services for government, commercial, and educational organisations.
The group AAC Clyde Space offers turnkey solutions and services from mission design to on-orbit operations, including reliable customizable satellite platforms in the range of 1 to 50 Kg and a full range of subsystems for cube and small satellites. With unrivalled flight heritage and end-to-end service, AAC Clyde Space enables customers to reach their mission goals through a single, trusted point of contact.
BECOME A PART OF OUR EXPANSION
We are looking for a R.F Engineer to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced Engineer who can work to deliver our next range of satellite projects.
- Responsible for all RF sub-systems on the satellite including primary communications in UHF/VHF/SBAND/XBAND, GNSS receiver chain and payload development (e.g. AIS, IOT).
- RF circuit design including architecture, schematic/layout, simulation and test.
- Undertake design reviews and create design documentation, manuals, test procedures, and reports as necessary
- Undertake make/buy assessments aligning with technical roadmap and project needs.
- Interface with suppliers and partners in procurement and development of new systems.
- RF system test and bring-up, functional testing, EMC and qualification.
- Deliver RF analysis for mission and platform projects e.g. link budget assessment, design for EMC.
- Design of radio system architectures including SDR transceivers.
- Design of RF front end circuitry.
- Antenna selection and integration.
- Practical experience in RF hardware test and debug.
- Product development experience throughout lifecycle including handover to manufacturing and test.
- Experience in software aspects of SDR systems such as GNU Radio, USRP and lower level digital interfaces in software or VHDL are desirable.
- Experience of communications protocol selection for robust, secure links would be desirable.
This position is available to fill immediately, so applicants are encouraged to reply promptly.
Please note that if you have not heard anything from us within 2 weeks of the closing date, your application has on this occasion been unsuccessful.