Squeezing big performance out of small satellites and CubeSats.
AAC Clyde Space, a leading New Space company, specialises in small satellite technologies and services that enable businesses, governments, and educational organisations to access high-quality, timely data from space. This data has a vast range of applications, from weather forecasting to precision farming to environmental monitoring, and is essential to improving our quality of life on Earth.
Our growing capabilities bring together three divisions:
- Space Data as a Service – delivering data from space directly to customers
- Space missions – turnkey solutions that empower customers to streamline their space missions
- Space products and components – a full range of off-the-shelf and tailor-made subsystems, components, and sensors
AAC Clyde Space aims to become a world leader in commercial small satellites and services from space, applying advances in its technology to tackle global challenges and improve our life on Earth.
Some of our clients include Horizon Technologies, Orbcomm, NSLComm, OHB Sweden, Intuitive Machines, Orbital Micro Systems, the United States Airforce Academy, UK Space Agency, European Space Agency and NASA.
AAC Clyde Space’s main operations are located in Sweden, the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the USA and South Africa, with partner networks in Japan and South Korea.
About this role:
A System Engineer is required for our System team to support an increased customer demand and growing order book. This is a full-time role for an experienced Engineer who can work to deliver our next range of nanosatellite projects.
Responsibilities will include:
- Mission concept design & trade studies
- Perform role of technical lead for new spacecraft missions, co-ordinating inputs from other engineering disciplines
- Communicate regular technical updates to the customer(s)
- Control interfaces within the spacecraft platform and with customer payloads.
- Requirements and verification management
- Define concept of operations to control and operate the Spacecraft systems.
- Support AIT team, during assembly and test of spacecraft, to ensure requirements are met and any non-conformances are assessed.
- Support Operations team during the commissioning of Spacecraft in-flight
- Support Business Development team with technical input to proposals
- BEng, BSc or higher degree in engineering, science, or maths
- Experience working as a system engineer within the space industry (note: experience of other disciplines within the space industry will also be considered)
- Able to communicate effectively and professionally with customers to elicit requirements and manage expectations.
- The ability to work to meet tight deadlines and progress several different projects in parallel.
- Excellent technical writing, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Able to manage time, work within a team and work autonomously when required.
- Experience working as a system engineer within the space industry
- Previous experience working specifically with CubeSats
- A knowledge or awareness of ESA ECSS standards (or equivalent international standards relevant to Space engineering)
- Experience with 1 or more of the software items below:
- Requirements management tools, i.e., IBM DOORS
- CAD software, ie. SolidWorks
- Numerical computing environments, i.e., MATLAB, Python
- Orbital simulation tools, i.e., STK