ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Measurement and Analytics (PAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
As a member of multidisciplinary project teams, and in collaboration with other specialists, you ensure and guide the design of remote sensing and analytical instruments for aerospace missions and for defense and security or process analysis products.
The main responsibilities of this internship could be :
- Ensuring the conception and design of a system;
- Modeling a system;
- Monitoring the system’s performance;
- Collaborating with the Integration and Test team in the development of test plans, their definition as well as verification and validation strategies;
- Executing tests and acquiring data;
- Processing and analyzing data;
- Be results-oriented and team-oriented
- Interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written)
- Good teammate
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to provide clear and concise technical documentation
- Ability to follow standard procedures and methodologies
- Ability to suggest improvements to procedures and methodologies
- Positive attitude and common sense
- Bilingualism English French
- Enrolled in a bachelor’s degree Engineering Electrical or Physics;
- Knowledge of infrared optical instrumentation is an asset;
- Experience in Matlab programming.
- The candidate will be required to obtain a level 2 security certification from the Controlled Goods Program (CGP).
- The masculine form used in this text refers to both women and men. ABB is an equal opportunity employer.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.