ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics (PAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
The ABB PAMA (Measurement and Analytics) business unit is a world leader in spectroscopy. Our Quebec City site includes a plant known for its expertise in the manufacture of various products that meet several markets and industrial analysis and measurement needs.
In addition to its manufacturing activities, the site also has a contract engineering department specializing in optics, serving primarily aerospace and defense clients. Finally, being a recognized research centre within the ABB Group, the business unit develops and markets new industrial analysis and measurement products.
Under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the supervisor of the business Unit, the Financial Analyst will have as their main mandate
- Partner with the Controller of the business unit by determining the financial strategy in line with the priorities of the division.
- Execution of planning and forecasting process of the business unit.
- Establish cost structures, optimize productivity and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flows and improving net working capital (inventory).
- Define, implement and ensure compliance of internal controls in relation to corporate requirements and external regulatory requirements.
- Conduct financial analyses, produce reports for business managers, and make suggestions to improve performance, if necessary.
- Support month-end activities, consolidate and update the monthly and year-end financial forecast files for the entire business unit in collaboration with the unit manager.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of new financial processes to increase the company’s financial and operational performance.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the Shared Services Centre (GBS) and the other internal customers to identify and discuss issues, make suggestions for improving operations, quality of work, and efficiency.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- 3-5 years of experience in finance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP required.
- A valid CPA/CMA title in Quebec is preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism (English and French) is preferred.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.