ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Measurement and Analytics (PAMA) develops, produces, sells, delivers and services products and solutions to enable industrial and energy customers to operate more efficiently and profitably. We are dedicated to serving our customers with the best digitally enabled solutions to meet their needs quickly and reliably, while providing the support of a global service network.
The ABB PAMA (Measurement and Analytics) business unit is a world leader in spectroscopy. Our Quebec City site includes a plant known for its expertise in the manufacture of various products that meet several markets and industrial analysis and measurement needs.
In addition to its manufacturing activities, the site also has a contract engineering department specializing in optics, serving primarily aerospace and defense clients. Finally, being a recognized research centre within the ABB Group, the business unit develops and markets new industrial analysis and measurement products.
The Quebec City team is looking to add a manufacturing controller. Under the supervision of and in close collaboration with the supervisor of the business Unit, the manufacturing controller will have as his main mandate
- Serve as a key partner to the controller of the business unit by determining the financial strategy in line with the priorities of the division and product group.
- Execute the business planning and forecasting process of the business unit.
- Establish cost structures, optimize productivity and capital efficiency while closely monitoring cash flows and taking appropriate measures to improve net working capital (inventory).
- Define and implement internal controls in relation to corporate requirements.
- Ensure compliance with the internal guidelines/procedures and external regulatory requirements
- Conduct financial analyses, produce reports for business managers, and make suggestions to improve performance, if necessary.
- As needed, support the financial controller for month closure activities and other special dossiers when necessary.
- Consolidate and update the monthly financial forecast files for the entire business unit in collaboration with the unit manager.
- Ensure that these forecasts are carried over into the internal ABB tool when required.
- Participate and support the financial controller during the annual budget exercise.
- Put into place and oversee the processes and tools necessary to obtain transparent and reliable financial and business information, ensuring high quality information in conformity with the standards defined and the financial closing schedules.
- Be involved in the development and implementation of new financial processes to increase the company’s financial and operational performance.
- Ensure timely and effective communication with the Shared Services Centre (GBS) and the other internal customers to identify and discuss issues, make suggestions for improving operations, quality of work, and efficiency.
- Live ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business.
- 5 years of experience in finance in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with SAP required.
- Experience with computerized accounting systems and financial reporting software.
- A valid CPA/CMA title in Quebec is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, precision and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- A collaborative, solution-oriented approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
More about us
Named to Forbes 2020 list of top 15 employers in Canada, ABB values the dedication, commitment and expertise of our employees. ABB is an Employment Equity Employer and believes in an inclusive and diverse workforce. Committed to ensuring that all policies and practices respect the Employment Equity Program, we aim for our workforce to be truly representative of the four designated groups; women, aboriginal people, members of visible minorities, and/or persons with disabilities. ABB will provide reasonable accommodation to applicant with disabilities and encourage applicants to self-identify in the application process.