Project Engineer – Space & Defense
ABB is a technology leader in electrification and automation, enabling a more sustainable and resource-efficient future. The company’s solutions connect engineering know-how and software to optimize how things are manufactured, moved, powered and operated. Building on more than 130 years of excellence, ABB’s 105,000 employees are committed to driving innovations that accelerate industrial transformation.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Measurement & Analytics division is among the world’s leading manufacturers and suppliers of smart instrumentation and analyzers. With thousands of experts around the world and high-performance digital technology, ABB’s team is dedicated to making measurement easy for its industrial and energy customers to let them operate more efficiently and profitably. The quality and innovation of the engineering of our products, systems, and services keep our customers at the forefront. Developing solutions for our clients all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will stimulate and enrich your work and mind. The ABB Measurement & Analytics plant in Québec is the world leader in spectroscopy. Our contract engineering department is Canada’s largest supplier of space optical sensors used for greenhouse gas emissions monitoring and weather forecasting worldwide, among other things. Our plant is known for its expertise in the development and manufacture of various products that enable us to meet several industrial analyses needs on a daily basis. By joining one of the largest engineering departments in Québec (Canada), you will contribute to our projects as well as to the research and development of our technology. You will join a dynamic and stimulating multidisciplinary team within the Measurement and Analytics business unit. You will oversee and guide the development of analyzers and remote sensors that will be used in defense & security and aerospace missions. You must ensure their successful and on-time delivery, within budget and in compliance with quality and safety guidelines. The engineer we seek has a strong sense of reasoning, is autonomous, can work within a multidisciplinary team and has experience with research and development for system conception and analysis for space instrument.
- Interact directly with project managers and clients to fully understand their respective needs and iterate over their requirements.
- Do the technical coordination of a multidisciplinary project team with Agile methodology.
- Follow up on technical actions and plan short-term schedules.
- Define the effort required to meet the current objectives and follow-up on these estimates.
- Assist the project manager in strategic and execution planning, as well as project costs follow-up.
- Manage system requirements; oversee system design and conformity, monitor system performances, manage technical risks.
- Regularly make presentations, in French as well as in English, to clients and members of the technical team during design reviews and other project milestones.
- Develop and continuously improve our systems engineering tools, including Model-based Systems Engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering, or the equivalent with 8 years of experience as a system leader or system engineer senior.
- Solid experience for infrared optical instrumentation development for space mission or remote sensing.
- Experience managing multidisciplinary teams and exceptional interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytic, problem-solving, and decision-making skills.
- Proven ability in delivering clear and concise project documentation and in configuration management for documents and product.
- Proven ability to work within standard procedures and methodologies for operational space and provide inputs for space 2.0.
- Master the following tools: Magic Draw, JIRA, Windchill, MS-Project, Office suite.
- Bilingual English-French (spoken and written).
- Retirement plan
- Wellbeing program
- Healthcare plan
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application.