ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB has been a pioneer through the four Industrial revolutions and is at the forefront of the Industry 4.0. By delivering digitalization to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
Take the next step in your career at ABB, working in a team that is writing the digital future with ABB Ability™. The ABB Ability™ Genix Industrial Analytics and AI Suite has been designed to unlock the value of data by combining ABB’s deep industrial domain expertise with digital technology and capability to deliver a modular and scalable solution. The solution helps asset-intensive industries with complex processes make timely and accurate insight-driven decisions and respond rapidly to achieve high degree of optimization and control across the entire value chain leveraging Industry 4.0 principles.
This is a Data Scientist role, reporting to the Research and Development Team Manager in business area Industrial Automation (IA) located in Bangalore. You will be working at Ability Innovation Center (AIC), home to the largest technology and engineering pool in ABB globally and is a part of ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited, a subsidiary of ABB. It is based in Bangalore, the silicon-valley of India. Its unique infrastructure places research, development, engineering, and service teams under one roof, increasing collaboration and reducing time to market, with no compromise on quality.
If you are looking for an environment that actively blends the boundaries between technology, data, domain and Industrial AI to create next generation analytics solutions for processes automation customers and helping them on their journey towards autonomous operations, then this is the team for you. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
- Developing machine learning and artificial intelligence-based solutions for our industrial automation digital organization team.
- Utilizing the latest developments in industrial digitalization, connected devices and systems.
- Creating scalable models and algorithms for integrating into proprietary tools and products.
- Analyzing the data, understanding of characteristics, evaluating alternate models, validating hypothesis through theoretical and empirical approaches.
- Creating statistical and predictive models for equipment monitoring, failure detection, life estimation and life extension.
- Building tools and support structures needed for analyzing data, perform data cleansing, feature selection and feature engineering and organizing experiments in conjunction with best practices.
- Creating and deliver proof of solutions utilizing latest technology and tools.
- Designing and developing statistical models and applications fitting to business requirement.
- Living ABB’s core values of safety and integrity, which means taking responsibility for your own actions while caring for your colleagues and the business.
- Tech/M.E from a reputed University in Chemical or Mechanical or Aerospace or Civil.
- Required 2 to 7 years of proven experience in Industrial analytics with Machine Learning, Statistics, Deep Learning, recommendation system (Prescriptive analytics), Neural Networks and NLP.
- Should have strong understanding of statistical modeling and its applications to solve business requirements.
- Should have conceptual understanding of various modeling techniques and pros & cons for the approaches.
- Should have hands on experience with R/Python,Tensorflow and Big data machine
- learning platforms.
- Should have understanding of data structures, data modeling and software architecture.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Important, please include in your CV the following passage:
“I hereby agree for my personal data, included in my job application, to be processed in line with the needs of recruitment, in accordance with the Law on Personal Data Protection of 29th August 1997 (Law Gazette from 2002, No.101, heading 926, as amended).”