ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.
In our Robotics & Discrete Automation Business, for General Industry Business Line located in Sesto San Giovanni, we are looking for the Bid and Proposal Engineer.
- Bid and proposal activities related to customer’s requests for quotation (technical and economical contents)
- Design and engineering activities during project execution (cost and development time)
- Technical specification for the suppliers
- Coordination and validation of the suppliers deliverables
- Standardization of proven concept and solutions to replicate them as function packages
- Engineering degree, or technical/scientific high school certificate with a meaningful experience in automation
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar field
- Specialist in mechanics with understanding of electrical/software arguments
- Good English knowledge both written and spoken
- Strong automation background in one of the above mentioned applications (collaborative robotics / flexible automation for small assembly / machine tending tasks)
- Attention to details and strong problem solving attitudes
- Have a good cross department communication relationship
- Ability to perform presentations at customer sites
- Ability to comprehend written and verbal communication in english language
- Ability to work as part of a team to provide solutions to customer issues
- Communicate effectively with both internal and external customers
- Present a professional image to the customer
- Manage time and set priorities for tasks
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner