ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a leading global engineering company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by 144,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our Electrification business, location Terranuova Bracciolini, who will part of the Engineering Department and contribute with own ideas to identify, propose and implement innovative technology development and solutions and solve industrial problems independently.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in own competence area by performing a variety of technology/engineering assignments, mainly in research and development (R&D) projects, which demonstrates independent ability to recognize problems and provide input to solutions. Actively follow the scientific discussions in own competence area and contributes independently.
- Understand the key business drivers for ABB in order to make judgments and contribute to results.
- Contribute to R&D projects with own, creative ideas. Propose follow-up projects and activities within own technical area based on new ideas.
- As a solid R&D project member and contributor, with experience as project or sub-project leader, ensure alignment with assigned targets (time, cost, quality) and coordinate activities. Demonstrate sound understanding of, and actively apply, R&D processes and tools.
- Maintain awareness of state-of-art technology, as well as ABB products and technologies, and identify and understand technical drivers for R&D projects in own area. Understand what creates customer value in own R&D projects and project portfolio of own organization and works to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction according to incoming requests. Provide consulting services to business operations and customers.
- Participate constructively in working teams. Share own technical/scientific knowledge in own projects and supports colleagues in applying processes and tools to ensure timely and high quality results. Show solid documentation skills and write technical reports independently.
- Participate in networks in own area, including relevant Engineering networks, in order to further knowledge in targeted area of expertise.
- Have a basic understanding of the importance of IP for the ABB business, contribute to IP discussions and develop project clearance reports. Identify risks in R&D projects.
- Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering with a solid background in technical development;
- At least 3-5 years of experience in a medium-high range company focus on design and production as mechanical engineer;
- Strong experience as user of 3D CAD system in particular using SolidWorks or Creo;
- Expert of production process, material selection and tolerance analysis of those parts used to assembly the final products;
- Fluency in English language;
- Flexibility and creativity;
- Comfortable in a Start-up mindset insert in to a global strong company;
- Team working in an international context will complete your profile.
More about us
The ABB Electrification business offers a broad portfolio of digital products, solutions and services, from the medium voltage substation to the power supply point for domestic users, enabling safe, intelligent and sustainable electrification. The offer includes innovative and digitally connected solutions for low and medium voltage, including recharging facilities for electric vehicles, photovoltaic inverters, intelligent electrical panels, modular medium voltage substations, building automation.
For further info: Valentina Locatelli, Talent Partner