ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a buyer, you will play a vital role in the procurement and logistics team in SLP. In this role you will provide assistance to the wider business by ensuring that all purchasing activities align with corporate policies and procedures and by providing relevant market information.
- Purchasing materials according to required technical specifications, price, delivery schedule and terms, negotiating with main suppliers and periodically renewing price lists, terms and conditions
- Initiating purchase orders according to the purchase requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures
- Overseeing supplier performance (on-time delivery, quality, lead time) and resolving performance issues
- Identifying and qualifying new suppliers together with supplier quality and engineering specialists
- Aligning supplier orders with customer requirements in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price
- 4 years of experience working as buyer
- Demonstrated experience working with enterprise resource planning and standard operating procedures
- Knowledge of SAP Ariba
- A collaborative, solution-focused approach and strong written and spoken communication skills
- A bachelor degree in industrial engineering, business administration or related.
- Advanced English is a Must
- Portuguese is a Plus
Publication ID: MX81466748_E3
Important: In order to be employed by ABB you will need to fully comply with/fulfill all local ABB employment requirements/processes.