ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Lead a multi-national team of lower level managers or a local/multi-country team of IS Specialists, providing appropriate and efficient IS Solutions/IS Services to a defined geographic area, eventually manage hosted IS resources and support global IS projects in respect of local implementation. Act as an IS Business Partner for the related geographical management or for the appropriate local management.
- Performs analyses, makes recommendations, and inspires delivery of specific systems or projects leading to improved efficiency, effectiveness, quality and/or operational functionality within the area of responsibility.
- Monitors and eventually supervises delivery of IS solution/service/support to relevant customer group ensuring execution of requirements within budgeted costs and time schedule. Responsible for effective interfaces between local/corporate IS teams for all IS activities and, where required, ensures adherence to agreed Service Level Agreements in relevant responsibility area, making certain that agreed time, budget and quality specifications are met.
- Ensures the installation / management / maintenance / optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS Service delivery or IS Service demand in relevant area of responsibility.
- Ensures work in the area of responsibility is aligned to given goals and compliant with ABB IS Enterprise Architecture and any other applicable ABB Group Directives and ABB Group Guidelines.
- Manages assigned budget effectively and delivers activities within agreed schedules and costs. Participates in the definition of costs and schedules.
- Management Ensures satisfaction with IS services by assessing expectations, making sure actions are taken to close any gaps, and influencing stakeholder perceptions of IS service. Manages relationships with stakeholders to update status, resolve issues, and manage expectations. (Stakeholders may be internal to IS or customers from the business.)
- Consults and provides input for any incident, change or project which has, or might have, a major impact on area of responsibility.
- Executes, for assigned tasks, all actions in IS processes according to agreed RACIS specification.
- Supports the implementation of ABB IS Strategy and the ABB IS Enterprise Architecture for relevant area of responsibility
- A bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Business Administration, Engineering or related.
- More than 10 years of experience in IS, working as ERP Sr. Manager.
- Sound knowledge of SAP (mandatory), project management and relationship management.
- Extensive knowledge of ERP (SAP).
- Ability to lead cross-functional and virtual teams and manage multiple demands on time and with provided resources.
- A collaborative, solutions- and customer-service-oriented approach and strong communication skills.
- Fluency in spoken and written English.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.