Let's write the future. Together.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
As a Service Engineer, you will execute service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines. You will be in close cooperation with customers and other ABB teams, acting as the technical point while delivering quality and satisfying customer service for Robotics & Discrete Automation Business Area in Cheonan, South Korea.
Reporting to the Service Manager, you will be responsible for executing Service work with low to medium complexity according to work instructions and in accordance with ABB standard processes, quality standards and safety guidelines.
- Performing service tasks like installation and commissioning of equipment, identifying technical problems, making analysis through remote or on-site activity in different service categories (installation and commissioning, routine maintenance, extensions, replacements etc.)
- Consulting with and advising customers on the best service solutions in accordance with standard processes, procedures and safety guidelines
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships with customers, appreciating their needs and providing specialist assistance and solutions
- Coordinating and executing specialist projects through planning, meeting milestones and regular reviews
- Troubleshooting simple equipment failure and making recommendations to avoid repeating the problem in the future
- Identifying opportunities to develop new service applications, equipment and methods
- Applying safety rules and safe practices as well as environmental responsibilities. Reporting unsafe practices and incidents
- Majored in Electrical, Mechanical, Automation related engineering discipline or any equivalences
Certified Industry Electric Engineer, Electric Engineer, or Electric work Engineer are preferred
- Must have the ability to deal with people, and a positive flexible attitude
- Intermediate level in verbal and written English
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Must be willing to travel more than 30% of his/her time
- Flexible work practices
- Life insurance
- Retirement plan
- Sick pay
More about us
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website.