ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software, equipment and complete application solutions. We are a trusted partner who continues to redefine robotics automation, with a focus on collaborative solutions, which allow humans to work safely alongside robots without the need for barriers.
We are adding new products in current production and need to know more of what happens with the output and what we can do to decrease its impact. At the same time, we will investigate how a future production setup could look like. The result from this thesis work will be an important input to further understand the current challenges. The analysis will be performed in the DES software ExtendSim.
• Period: January – June 2021
• 30 ECTS/högskolepoäng
• Thesis intended for one or two students
• To be performed mainly on distance but with some meetings on site
- Investigating what changes are needed to meet future output.
- Buffer sizes, where are they needed and how large?
- Bottle necks, where they are and if they change?
- How is the output affected by the product mix?
- Master student with a profile towards Production Engineering, Lean production