ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The quality and innovation of the engineering in our products, systems and service offerings keeps our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
We are looking for Mechanical Design Engineer who will be able to demonstrate knowledge in ABB in Robotic Division in Bursa, Gemlik location.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the key areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Mechanical design of fixtures, tools, grippers, conveyor systems using necessary tools and programs,
- Leads, guides and plans design teams from internal and external sources on project basis,
- Leads the design phase compatible to the time plan,
- Simulation of designed tools and equipment,
- Making the reachability studies of tools and robots in ABB 3D RobotStudio software,
- Preparing documentations for design output,
- Having and pro-active role in supply chain for the mechanical parts ABB procures from suppliers starting from selection until quality control processes,
- Following manufacturing, assembly and start-up phases of designed equipments to ensure quality and functionality,
- Preparing documentations for ABB and customer specific standards,
- Supporting R&D projects and developing new robotic cells and tools,
- Represent ABB during site visits, communicating at all levels to ensure customer satisfaction,
- Assist salespeople during customer visits when necessary,
- Assist bid and proposal team on sales related documents, including cost estimates and project scope of supply, for new projects,
- Works closely with other engineering areas to define optimum design specifications,
- Performs typical calculations, analysis, and conducts design reviews with Principal Engineers,
- Performs meetings with the customer about design reviews and approvals.
- University degree in Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering,
- Minimum 3 years of related experience,
- Have design experience with 3D design programs such as Creo, SolidWorks, Catia etc.,
- Design experience in Robotic area (fixtures, tools, grippers etc) is a definite plus,
- Experience in Packaging or Automotive industry is a plus,
- Excellent command of written and spoken of English,
- Innovative, initiative and team player with strong planning, organizational and interpersonal skills,
- Ability to work and accomplish goals with minimal direction,
- Customer service mentality with the availability for overnight domestic and overseas travel on short notice.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.