ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. By connecting software to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB’s success is driven by about 110,000 talented employees in over 100 countries.
Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB’s Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
Our Research & Development (R&D) engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
The role reports to the R&D Manager and is located in San Jose, California. As a 2021 Summer Graduate Intern in Machine Learning, you will be working with robotics specialists who have a wide range of experiences and competencies, including but not limited to industrial robots, mechanics, user-interface design, software development, methodologies implementation for machine learning, computer vision, etc.
- Take part in the development of mathematical algorithms (statistical data analytics, and machine learning) for intelligent software agents to enable creation of future autonomous robotics.
- Build modular software systems for analytics/machine learning solutions.
- Work with the architecture and develop data pipeline in Cloud service.
- Develop and integrate advanced perception technologies for robotic applications.
- Currently enrolled MS/PhD student in electrical engineering, computer science or other related engineering fields in the US.
- Experiences in machine learning spanning supervised and unsupervised learning methods and applying ML to real world problems.
- Experience with deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, PyTorch.
- Advanced mathematical problem formulation, solution and implementation skills (linear algebra, signal process, optimization and statistical methods).
- Experience with Azure/AWS/Google Cloud services is a plus.
- Strong software development experience in languages such as Python, Java, C++, Scala, or C#.
- Ability to interact effectively with a global team and in culturally diverse environments.
- Credibility/accountability in delivering on quality and schedule commitments.
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
We look forward to receiving your application.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.