ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
If you are looking for big, global challenges, Information System (IS) is the place to come. ABB’s portfolio includes some of the most advanced power and productivity products and systems in the world. To help us work more efficiently, you need to understand the power and potential of information technology. If you have the energy, discipline and intellectual firepower to succeed, you will find almost limitless opportunities to stretch your thinking, expand your horizons and build your skills as you work with talented people all over the world.
This role reports to Global Group Information Systems (IS) Service Manager and is located in Cary, North Carolina. As a IS Software Developer – Master Data, you will be responsible for executing assigned software development activities in a specialized area, focused on building solutions for business needs efficiently, cost-effectively and in accordance with quality standards.
- IS Solution/Service: Responsible for IS solution/service build and/or change in the respect of code development and delivering the appropriate results according to agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs), in time, in budget and at quality.
- IS Technology: Acts as Subject Matter Expert (SME) in relevant area of responsibility, contributing technical expertise to either engage in development of new software and/or support ongoing operations.
- Standards: Responsible for IS software development is performed compliant to any applicable ABB IS standards and/or guidelines and compliant to any local or global regulations.
- Processes; Supports the installation, management, maintenance and optimization of internal and cross-functional processes related to IS Services.
- Governance: For assigned tasks, executes all actions in IS processes according to agreed Responsible, Accountable, Consulted, Informed (RACI) specification.
- IS Strategy: Keeps up to date and informed of any change, or planned change, of the ABB IS Enterprise Architecture and ABB IS Strategy. Also, of any incident, change or project which has or might have a major impact on the relevant part of the service.
- People Leadership and Development: Provides leadership to temporary work teams, guiding and monitoring task completion, sharing expert knowledge and advice without carrying line responsibility.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer Science or equivalent with minimum 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Experience helpful with UI design skills, Vue, Angular or React, Oracle, SOLR or another Lucene-based search engine, XML manipulation with .NET.
- IS Procedures, Policies, Guidelines and Standards.
- Good communication skills in English and ability to interact with the ABB Products operations team, management and occasionally power users.
- To be results oriented, have the ownership of deliverables.
- Embracing positive change and being able to communicate benefits to others.
- Be creative in solving existing and potential problems during implementation and operations.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. – 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB’s career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.