We build rockets to launch small satellites.
ABL Space Systems was founded in 2017 by veterans of SpaceX and Morgan Stanley to develop low-cost launch vehicles for the small satellite industry. More importantly, we’re building a launch system we are truly proud of – no gimmicks or over-design, just reliable, rapidly deployable launches. We’re an ambitious team with big goals and, together, we’re determined to prove that reaching space can be simple, efficient, and routine.
When launch day arrives, we want you by our side
ABL’s Trajectory Analysts are responsible for performing mission design from initial concept to launch. You will drive the development of modular trajectory optimization, evaluate mission feasibility, determine vehicle performance to a range of orbits and missions. Furthermore, your work directly supports vehicle-level design decisions, launch vehicle performance analysis, as well as the development of GNC algorithms.
As a Trajectory Analyst, we hope you will enjoy solving cross-disciplinary problems, can work effectively in a fast-paced environment, and share our passion for building scalable, effective, and elegant analysis tools. This is a role that contributes to every mission and every flight we fly as continue to reimagine the future of space launches.
- Architect trajectory optimization infrastructure for the ease of use and robustness
- Deepen understanding of POST and its optimization methods
- Work with Engineering teams to define vehicle configuration and performance
- Work with Business Development team to give performance and other customer-focused analyses for a range of missions
- B.S. from an accredited university
- Strong software development fundamentals and experience
- Basic understanding of orbital mechanics
- Experience in optimization techniques
- Excited and curious about cross-disciplinary problems
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ years experience with POST2, Astos, or similar trajectory optimization software
- Proficiency in Matlab or Python
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
- Critical thinking: ABL engineers understand the “why” behind all design decisions, operational events, and test outcomes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity: ABL engineers must be comfortable defining their own pathway to an objective
- End-to-end ownership: projects are delivered fully complete and ready for flight
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENTS:
- Ability to use a computer to complete assignments
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone, and by telepresence
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will typically work in an office environment
This position requires access to information protected under US export control laws, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations and/or the Export Administration Regulations. As such, US person status (including US citizens, permanent residents, asylees, and refugees) is a required qualification for this position.
Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, genetics, or citizenship status (when otherwise legally authorized to work and access export-controlled data) and will not be discriminated against on the basis of such characteristics or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We encourage applicants of all ages.