At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we're working to change the world by making outer space more aﬀordable and accessible.
About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we’re working to change the world by making outer space more aﬀordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We oﬀer competitive salary and beneﬁts (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and vacation), and in non-pandemic times we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in the company and personal goals.
About This Position
Reporting to the Head of People and Culture you will play an important role in the day-to-day running of the Accion office, while also supporting the People and Culture function. This is a hands-on, tactical role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high-growth setting with a small, but a high-performing team. This is an exciting, career development opportunity for someone who loves managing the office needs of a growing technology team while cultivating a career in HR with ongoing training and support to learn on the job. Additionally, you will support and be part of an emotionally intelligent, innovative, and a high-performance workplace where diverse perspectives are embraced and first-principles thinking is encouraged.
This is a full-time, in-person role located in Boston, MA.
- Office Management: Daily tasks include shipping and receiving mail and packages, ordering supplies and snacks, organizing company events, and more.
- Culture Development: Work with the Head of People and the team leads to help maintain our core values and ensure that programs and processes are aligned with our culture and core beliefs. Work with employees at all levels to surface and drive ideas that enhance the Accion experience.
- Recruiting/Hiring: Work with the Head of People and recruiting team to screen resumes, schedule interviews, track candidate progress, communicate with candidates, and more.
- HR Development: Work with and learn from the Head of People to assist with developing, implementing, and tracking the progress of people policies, and build overall skills and competencies in the HR function.
- You have experience in an office environment, and preferably with a startup or fast-growing company
- You are service-minded, flexible, detail-oriented, and energized by solving problems
- You see opportunities instead of challenges and love developing and managing solutions that promote effectiveness and efficiency
- You have a track record of delivering on tactical and operational issues
- You are highly organized and love thinking about designing and improving systems
- You have a strong interest in Human Resources, and preferably some experience either academically or professionally
- You have a high school degree, and preferably a 2- or 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience
- The opportunity to work for one of the coolest companies in one of the hottest industries (space technology).
- $60,000 annual salary and stock options.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan w/ 100% employee matching.
- Unmetered vacation policy, flexible work schedule, and values that include caring for self and others and embracing diversity.
We are a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status, or veteran status.