REDEFINING SPACE MOBILITY
About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we’re working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work AND play hard together to achieve it. We offer competitive salary and benefits (including health, dental, 401(k) with match, gym membership reimbursement, and unlimited vacation), and we engage our team through activities including an annual retreat, weekly lunches, monthly team outings, and the chance to travel to and present at industry events. We strongly value self-motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group to nurture growth mindsets in the company and personal goals.
About This Position
We are seeking a technical program manager to join our team. You will lead and support multiple programs, including continued productization of our ion electrospray in-space propulsion systems technology, and continued research and development of new concepts and features.
Accion projects will enable the next generation of space with important scientific, economic, and societal implications, and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Accion, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal and external customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders, and collaborating with engineers to find solutions to complex challenges. You excel at working with external customers to shape these engagements. You are committed to understanding and sharing your team’s analyses and recommendations with executives and external customers, and you are enthusiastic about discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various sizes and scopes, identifying future opportunities, improving processes, and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Accion is building the next generation of in-space propulsion systems. To achieve this, we are working on projects that utilize our proprietary IP developed by skilled engineers and research scientists. You will collaborate closely with engineers from many disciplines, maintaining the flexibility and versatility required to adapt to new projects that help Make the Rocket Go Faster.
You will manage internal and external spacecraft propulsion development programs, assuring mission safety, success, and customer satisfaction. Duties will include technical, cost, risk, and schedule management of development and production programs. This role is crucial to the successful and timely delivery of our propulsion system products for various government and commercial customers. You leverage your strong technical background and experience with space mission programs to enable success in this role, and for Accion to achieve growing success in space.
- BS or above in a technical discipline
- Minimum five years’ experience leading technical programs and teams
- Experience with small teams, fast-paced environments with limited resources, and with leading program teams that have developed high tech products
- Proven success managing external customer relationships
- Proficiency with standard program and project management tools
- Experience leading programs in the space industry
- Experience with government customers and contracts, especially DoD and NASA
- Experience leading programs from product definition through production release using a phase-gate development methodology
- Master’s degree in an engineering discipline
- Program Management Professional (PMP) certification, or similar
- The opportunity to work for one of the coolest companies in one of the hottest industries (space technology).
- Equity/Stock Options
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 401(k) plan w/ 100% employee matching.
- Unmetered vacation policy, flexible work schedule, and values that include caring for self and others and embracing diversity.
The position is full-time, on-site, and available to be filled immediately.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.