We're working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible
About Accion Systems
At Accion [pronounced AX-ee-on], we’re working to change the world by making outer space more affordable and accessible. We come to work every day to build next-generation ion engines and other cool technologies for spacecraft. Our younger selves would be very proud of us.
Our team is excited about our mission and we work hard together to achieve it… and we have fun! We offer competitive salary and benefits including health (w/ 80% employer contribution), dental, 401(k) with match, fitness reimbursement, and unlimited vacation. We strongly value motivated, enthusiastic employees and we work hard as a group with big growth mindsets to achieve ambitious company and personal goals.
This is a unique chance to join one of Boston’s few space companies working on technology that is launching into orbit. Every employee at Accion works on critical projects that directly impact our overall success.
About This Position
Accion Systems Inc. is looking for an experienced IT leader to oversee all aspects of our IT systems. This person will be the liaison with our managed services firm to ensure that day-to-day operations, strategic projects, and everything in between is executed effectively. The Head of IT + Cyber Security will combine their technical expertise, vendor management, project management, and strategic planning skills to ensure that Accion IT and cyber security systems seamlessly support the company and its goals. This is an opportunity to improve and build our security and compliance strategy, our information management, and our overall infrastructure. The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise, including experience in systems architecture, and has applied this expertise in a regulated environment.
The position is full-time and based in Boston, with a combination of on-site and remote work flexibility.
- An IT professional with 5+ years of system architecture and/or IT security management experience, with increasing levels of autonomy and leadership
- A strong individual contributor looking to step up into a management/leadership role
- Excited about managing our outsourced IT managed services firm to effectively address day-to-day issues, strategic projects, and everything in between, while also being comfortable rolling up your sleeves to augment their work to keep our staff and lab up and running
- Ready to be the onsite expert, advocate, and thought leader for Accion in ensuring that IT most effectively enables business efficiency while meeting all security and compliance requirements
- Flexible, detail-oriented, and energized by solving problems and sparking solutions
- Experienced with highly regulated environments, and ready to take on the management of EAR and CMMC
- Expert at balancing strategic vision and planning with execution and implementation
- State of the art lab facility
- Unmetered vacation policy, flexible work schedule, and an inclusive company culture
- Excellent health and dental plans with 80% employer contribution
- Fitness reimbursement and professional development stipend
- 100% company matching 401k plan
- Fully stocked kitchen with snacks, drinks, and weekly team lunches
- Open office setup with plenty of breakout spaces to fly solo
- Free on-site parking and 5 minute walk to the Orange Line
- Onsite fitness center, cafeteria, coffee shop, lounge, rooftop garden, harbor walk, softball field, and corn-hole
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be U.S. citizens, lawful permanent residents of the U.S., or protected individuals as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
Accion verifies COVID-19 vaccination as part of the hiring process.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other protected factor.