High-end, state-of-the-art solutions for Space
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Mechanical Engineer specialized in CAD/CAE to join our growing team and work on the development of special-purpose machines and other mechanical ground support equipment for space missions (MGSE). As part of the engineering team, you will have the chance to contribute to the full development cycle of new MGSE from the definitions of specifications up to commissioning/installation of the equipment. You will use both your CAD/CAE skills and creativity but also your knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes to interface with Design Engineers, Production Engineers, and external suppliers to deliver equipment that meets the stringent requirements of spacecraft manufacturers.
The position is a full-time employment contract and is based in Patras, Greece.
About Adamant Composites
Adamant Composites is developing high-end, state-of-the-art solutions serving primarily the Space, Aerospace, and Defence markets. Since our foundation in 2012, we have successfully completed projects for several institutional and industrial clients such as the European Space Agency and Airbus. Our expertise lies in the design of large deployable structures, and the engineering of composite and nano-enabled materials in applications such as batteries, hydrogen storage tanks, UAVs airframes, deployable structure subsystems, structural components, and ground support equipment for satellites and launchers.
You will be joining Adamant at an exciting time, as we are currently joining forces with trusted partners to further mature our technologies and penetrate highly lucrative markets that attract attention from top investors.
About the Team
We have a hard-working, and kind team culture and offer our people the opportunity to work on cutting-edge engineering projects. Our culture is friendly and fast-paced – we are constantly challenging, testing, and adapting the way we do things. We are also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing, and building a company we are truly proud of. We are all passionate about our mission and are determined to become a successful and reputable company in high-value markets such as Defense and Space.
We take great care with who we hire, and all team members are superbly talented and nice. If you are hardworking, passionate, and want to make an impact, you will fit right in.
Responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Participate in the entire product design cycle from conception to detailed design, manufacturing, and further to assembly, integration, and testing of mechanical equipment for aerospace applications.
- Interact and cooperate with people both inside (engineering, production management, operations) and outside the company (customers, partners, suppliers, sub-contractors) throughout the product development cycle.
- Perform engineering work related to developing and maintaining CAD models of parts and assemblies.
- Participate in the selection of commercial parts and maintain part libraries
- Create, update, and maintain product design files (computer models, drawings, and relevant documentation).
- Study requirements, specifications, and other customer input and contribute to the preparation of technical proposals and offers.
- Perform first-order strength and sizing calculations to assist in the selection of materials and parts.
- Perform advance calculations and Finite Element Analysis on parts and assemblies.
- Define specifications and issue manufacturing drawings, and other technical documentation for external suppliers and sub-contractors and participate in the monitoring of their work.
- Support research projects and internal development activities performing work relevant to 3D and CAD modeling (e.g., schematics, visualizations, illustrations, animations, etc.)
Who we are looking for
- Engineering Degree (preferably Mechanical)
- At least 3 years of experience in mechanical engineering design and drafting for special machinery, transport, or lifting equipment.
- Proficient in Siemens NX
- Good knowledge and experience in dimensioning/tolerances
- Good knowledge of machining and other manufacturing processes (e.g., welding) for metallic parts and structures.
- Experience in interacting with production – Handling external suppliers/manufacturers such as CNC workshops.
- Critical thinking; sanity-checking, error-proofing, delivering conclusions.
- Curious about nature and passionate about making an impact
- Team player accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings but also capable to work independently.
- Fluency in English.
Extra points for:
- Experience more than three years in design of machinery/mechanical equipment
- Proficient use of CAE tools (Finite Element Modelling) preferably Simcenter, FEMAP/NASTRAN.
- Specific experience in Aerospace and /or Defense industry
- Experience with design of moulds for plastics or composites
- Familiar with composite material structures
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible hours and remote work when needed
- A paid day of leave on your birthday
- A dynamic environment with international exposure
- Fast track career progression and other employee recognition & rewards programs
- Vast learning & development opportunities to build new technical and non-technical skills and competencies
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace