High-end, state-of-the-art solutions for Space
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Space Structures Engineer to join our growing team and work on the design and simulation of large-scale deployable systems and composite launcher structures. As part of the engineering team, you will be working across all space product development stages such as design, manufacturing, assembly, integration, and testing. You will use both your engineering skills and creativity to leverage Adamant Composites technological capabilities and develop the next generation aerospace hardware.
The position is full time employment contract and is based in Patras and Athens, Greece.
About Adamant Composites.
Adamant Composites is developing high-end, state-of-the-art solutions serving primarily the Space, Aerospace, Defence and Energy Storage markets. Since our foundation in 2012, we have successfully completed projects for several institutional and industrial clients such as the European Space Agency and Airbus. Our expertise lies in the design of large deployable structures, and the use of composite and nano-enabled materials in applications such as batteries, hydrogen storage tanks, UAVs, deployable structure subsystems and structural components for satellites and launchers.
You will be joining Adamant at an exciting time, as we are currently joining forces with trusted partners to further mature our technologies and penetrate highly lucrative markets that attract attention from top investors.
About the Team
We have an informal, hard-working, and kind team culture and offer our people the opportunity to work on cutting-edge engineering projects and flexible working hours. Our culture is friendly and fast paced – we are constantly challenging, testing, and adapting the way we do things. We are also really committed to working with integrity, doing the right thing, and building a company we are truly proud of. We are all passionate about our mission and are determined to create a truly fantastic and reputable provider of Structures Hardware and Subsystems in the Space Industry.
We take great care with who we hire, and all team members are superbly talented and nice. If you are brilliant, humble, and want to make an impact, you will fit right in.
Responsibilities / What you will be doing
- Participate in the entire hardware design cycle including conceptual design, structural layout, sizing analysis, hardware production, and structural testing.
- Develop, validate and postprocess Finite Element Models.
- Perform first order strength and sizing calculations for the structures under your responsibility.
- Create CAD models of parts and structures, define specifications, issue manufacturing drawings, and generate other supportive technical documentation.
- Maintain technical requirements, activity schedule, budget, and status.
- Support product development and trade-off studies.
- Lead in preparation of technical elements for bids and proposals.
Who we are looking for
- Dipl.-Ing or MSc degree in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering with and 2+ years of experience in aerospace or related structures engineering.
- Strong design and integration skills using 3-D CAD software (NX Preferred).
- Experience with industry standard FEA/FEM tools (Simcenter, FEMAP, Nastran).
- Experience designing & modelling composites and light alloy structures.
- Solid understanding of composite structures, and manufacturing techniques.
- Critical thinking; sanity-checking, error-proofing, delivering conclusions.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- Curious in nature and passionate about making an impact
- Team player; accepting joint responsibility for team successes and shortcomings.
- Fluency in English.
Extra points for:
- Working knowledge of composite manufacturing methods, material selection, testing, characterization & allowables development.
- Familiarity with aerospace standard structural analysis methods.
- Competitive Salary
- Private Medical Insurance
- Flexible hours and remote work when needed
- A paid day of leave on your birthday
- A dynamic environment with international exposure
- Fast track career progression and other employee recognition & rewards programs
- Vast learning & development opportunities to build new technical and non-technical skills and competencies
Come as you are
Adamant Composites Ltd. is a progressive, open-minded meritocracy. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. Your gender, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, social or ethnic origin don’t make a difference here. If you are talented and good at what you do, come as you are.