Adamant Composites Ltd is an industrial SME working on high-tech applications of Advanced Materials and Structures offering our International Customers design and manufacturing of their advanced structures. We are a dynamic Small Company based in Patras, Greece, offering our employees state-of-the-art engineering projects, flexible working hours, and a stable working environment in a competitive package. Since 2012 that the company started we have been growing, eventually creating a team of 15 engineers and technicians.
Do you enjoy designing and analyzing complex engineering structures? Do you want to start your engineering career working locally and impacting globally by participating in word-class projects?
We offer a dynamic working environment, with challenging engineering projects and international exposure.
For the increasing needs of our Space projects, we seek to enlarge our Engineering Team with a Junior Structural and Design Engineer to support our international customers with Design and Analysis Services.
- Higher degree in a relevant engineering field (Dipl.-Ing. or MSc)
- 1-3 years of experience with FEA
- Fluency in English; understanding, speaking, writing for engineering
- Engineering Reporting experience
Technical Experience and Competencies needed:
- Good experience with CAD
- Experience with different FEA pre-/post-processors and solvers
- Analytical, Critical and Synthetic thinking; sanity-checking, error-proofing, delivering conclusions
“Nice to Have” competences:
- Experience with calculations of bolts and welds
- Familiarity with Aerospace structures
- Analysis of Composite Materials and Structures
- Programming (e.g. PYTHON, C)
Practical experience that would be greatly valued:
- Siemens NX for CAD and FEMAP for FEA
- Participation in hands-on projects
- Knowledge/Familiarity with ESA ECSS, or NAFEMS standards
- Interpreting customers’ and internal requirements
- Building FE models and relevant load cases
- Running FE analyses and interpreting results
- Performing engineering calculations by hand for validity checking
- Designing test devices for verifying the functional performance of mechanical parts
- Reaching conclusions and suggesting improvements
- Reporting and presenting results to customers
- Proposing and implementing design changes to meet specifications
- Contribute to the preparation of proposals and bids for new projects
- Propose and support internal R&D activities by formulating small studies
This Position reports to the Technical Director.
Location: Adamant Composites is based in Patras, Greece. A great place to live with young and vibrant people, close to the Sea and Mountains, and lots of accessible opportunities for personal development in a relaxed manner.
Why Should You Apply? If you want…
- Involvement in exciting and challenging international engineering projects
- Opportunities for on-the-job training and exposure to advanced manufacturing activities
- To make an impact through a Small and Dynamic company