About Rocket Lab
Founded in June 2006 as a center for advanced space systems, Rocket Lab’s goal is to remove the commercial barriers to space. In support of this, Rocket Lab is developing the Electron orbital launch vehicle. Electron is a small launch vehicle capable of lifting a 150 kg payload to a 500 km sun-synchronous orbit.
Rocket Lab is rapidly scaling in size to meet the high demand from customers. The company is expanding globally and is currently growing the team based at Rocket Lab’s Los Angeles Headquarters. Rocket Lab believes in giving highly-skilled engineers ownership of complex aerospace programs from start to finish, creating a workforce of empowered and motivated individuals utilizing cutting-edge technologies to redefining how the world accesses space.
Additive Manufacturing Technician
As an Additive Manufacturing Technician you will be responsible for running the metal additive manufacturing machines in our Huntington Beach, CA facility for the Electron launch vehicle production.
As part of the Propulsion Production team you will work closely with the design and manufacturing engineers to develop and manufacture parts for Rocket Lab. This is important to provide vital feedback for continued production and design improvement. The vast majority of printed parts will be for the Rutherford rocket engine It is a LOx/Kerosene regenerative cooled pump fed engine that is the workhorse for Rocket Lab’s orbital launcher program.
- 2+ years of metal additive manufacturing experience
- Excellent understanding of inner machine workings and external processes
- Well practiced with machine set up, operation, maintenance and powder processing
- Experience with high strength steels and nickel based alloys
- Understanding of QA processes for additive manufactured parts
- Excellent time management within a high pressure environment
- Proven communication skills and capable of building strong working relations with co-workers
- A methodical, tidy and careful work ethic
- Engineering degree in mechanical or aerospace engineering
- Proficient in Magics, Solidworks and MS office
- Experience with metallurgy and metal casting
To conform to US Government space technology export regulations, applicants must be a US citizen, lawful permanent resident of the US, protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorization from the US Department of State.
Rocket Lab USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, employment with Rocket Lab USA is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.