ACS-D is the German subsidiary of Exprivia/Italtel international group as its Aerospace and Defence DF (digital factory). With know-how and experience gained over 30 years, the Exprivia | Italtel group is currently active in the Banking & Finance, Telco & Media, Energy & Utilities, Public Sector, Manufacturing & Distribution, Healthcare and Aerospace & Defense areas. Today the Exprivia | Italtel group employs about 3,400 professionals over 20 countries worldwide.
With ACS-D you’ll be working in an international, challenging environment, with excellent career development opportunities in a growing company and a very attractive financial package.
For our activities at EUMETSAT, Darmstadt (Germany) we are looking for a Software Engineer with experience in Earth Observation Data Processing Systems and Application Software
The successful candidate will be deployed in a project team currently carrying out a project involving the integration, verification and validation of a complex operational Earth Observation data processing system. The tasks could also involve the system’s corrective (bug fixing) and evolutive maintenance (implementation of delta functionalities).
This will include, among other tasks
- SW integration and validation at subsystem and system level
- SW testing at unit and subsystem level
- SW installation and configuration
- SW analysis and design (to add new functionalities to the legacy system)
- SW development and coding (for new functions as well as correction of legacy system anomalies)
- The ideal candidate is a Software Engineer with 3-5 years of experience developing complex SW systems acquired in a formal, configuration-controlled development environment, preferably for operational, mission-critical applications.
- Expert knowledge of at least one of and good working knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: C++ – Java – Python
- Experience with UNIX/Linux platforms will be required
- Working knowledge of a modern DBMS (e.g. PostgreSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB, MySQL etc)
The working language is English; the successful candidate shall be able to work effectively in that language, including the participation in technical meetings and boards and the production of technical documents and reports.
- Experience in Earth Observation Data Processing Systems would be an asset
- Meteorological data structures
As the position is based in Germany within a European institution, knowledge of German or any other European language will be an asset.
Applications from candidates not immediately eligible to live and work in Germany shall NOT be considered.