We plan today to pave the way for tomorrow
With know-how and experience gained over 30 years, Exprivia is currently active in the Banking & Finance, Telco & Media, Energy & Utilities, Public Sector, Manufacturing & Distribution, Healthcare and Aerospace & Defence areas.
Today the Exprivia group employs about 2,000 professionals worldwide. As part of that, in ACS-D you will be working in an international, challenging environment, with excellent career development opportunities in a growing company and a very attractive financial package
- We are looking for a Satellite Data Processing System IV&V Engineer to support the activities of a running project based in Darmstadt.
- The successful candidate will be part of a team responsible for the Integration and Verification (I&V) of complex software systems chains used in Satellite Earth Observation Data Processing applications. The tasks will focus mainly on the design, the preparation and contribution to the technical documentation related to I&V activities (VCDs, engineering and I&V plans, test specifications, test procedures, …)
In more details, the activities may include (among others)
- Verification Control: for the requirements to be verified by test propose/define the testing activities.
- Ensure the scope is in line with the expected versions and that the testing activities can be scheduled within the foreseen timeframe;
- Observing and analysis of I&V tests run at segment and/or subsegment level;
- Writing of integration and verification test specifications
- Identification of test tools and test data needed (and plan any necessary development of test tools and the tuning/modification of test data);
- Based on initial test specifications and other relevant documents (lower level test docs, user manuals, etc), write detailed test procedures;
- By successive iterations, refine the test procedures until they are in a status ready to be executed;
- Set up the test tools and refine the test data
- Analysis of problems and management of anomalies
- Contribute to or prepare the I&V plans. Support the project reviews in relation to the I&V documentation (plans, VCD, RTS, …);
The ideal candidate is a SW System Engineer professional with at least 5 years relevant, demonstrated work experience preferably acquired on Systems Integration and Validation projects. Mandatory skills and experience are
- Proven ability in I&V of complex systems
- Requirements and verification management
- Formal testing at component, facility and system level
- Creation of suitable test cases, documentation and their execution
- Experience in benchmarking and stress testing
- Structured software development and verification
- Experience in operational environments under strict change control
- Good knowledge of UNIX/Linux operating systems
The working language is English, therefore the capability of working effectively in that language, including the participation in technical meetings and/or boards and the production of technical documents and reports, is essential.
Optional skills and experience:
Knowledge of as many as possible of following subjects would be beneficial (in order of importance)
- Automated SW system testing
- Scripting languages in a Linux environment
- Near real-time, Earth observation data processing, archiving and distribution systems
- Relational databases: MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL
- Networking: Internet protocols, TCP/IP
- Knowledge of German or any other European language would be a plus.
#space #spacecareers #spacejobs #careersinspace #aerospacejobs #engineeringjobs #jobsinspace