Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
As the first Technical Writer at Advanced Navigation, you will be equipped to own and define the landscape of written content. You are the type of person who loves to work across different functions to ensure they are providing a great information experience. You will initially play a key role in delivering the content for our brand new next-generation autonomous vehicle software platform, followed by taking ownership of the documentation for our complete range of hardware and software products.
You will be responsible for the roadmap, process, tool set, and execution in creating and writing various types of user documentation, including manuals, application notes, how-to guides and knowledge articles.
Being a motivated self starter, you can explain complex features and capabilities in ways that are useful for experienced audiences, but which are also helpful and approachable for more novice readers getting into the field of navigation.
In this role you will:
- Play a key role in the Customer Engagement team to deliver the vision on user documentation across the entire customer life-cycle
- Own the information architectures and content strategies for documentation
- Explain technical ideas in simple language
- Utilise design thinking to deliver a mix of traditional and web based user content
- Create user documentation, application notes and knowledge base documents for a variety of products offerings
- Working cross-functionally with customers, support, sales, marketing, product and R&D
- Have 3+ years of technical writing experience with technical hardware and/or software products
- Have genuinely strong written and verbal communication skills
- Have demonstrable proficiency in technical writing, with a relentless eye for detail
- Possess a knack for creatively engaging with engineering audiences
- Demonstrate experience in improving or building both information architectures and content strategies for documentation
- Be comfortable deep diving into technical topics and building rapport with engineering teams
- Be a passionate, hungry learner that gets excited about professional growth and being challenged by new opportunities
You might also have:
- Experience working with survey, robotics or navigation systems in defence or commercials markets
- Experience working with both hardware and software products
- A collaborative and team-oriented mindset for accomplishing goals
- Studied at a higher education institution focused on engineering
- Familiarity with Confluence and Microsoft Office suite
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You’ll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life’s best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.