Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Reporting to the Director of R&D, the role will involve supporting multi-disciplinary R&D design teams to stay on task and schedule, including preparing work breakdown plans and helping allocate priority tasks and ensuring that relevant design control processes are followed.
This role will suit a technically-minded individual with a strong interest in robotics, autonomy or advanced sensors who enjoys translating research and ideas into reality and keeping design teams well-organised and prioritised.
Main Duties and responsibilities:
- Track R&D projects to ensure their successful completion, including transition to manufacturing
- Drive internal design documentation such as system requirements, project scope, technical plans and records, especially verification & validation activities.
- You will be responsible for driving compliance to change management and new product introduction processes.
- Track project and team performance against schedules, reporting changes to expected milestone dates.
- Manage the communication and collaboration with stakeholders and multidisciplinary teams with diverse skill sets, including hardware, software, firmware and manufacturing engineering disciplines, to ensure that the project outputs meet goals for performance.
- Regular and concise project progress reporting, especially to downstream teams (sales, manufacturing, support).
Skills & Experience:
- Tertiary engineering qualification (Bachelor degree or higher), with a major in Mechatronics/Hardware/Computer Systems/Software or equivalent.
- 3+ years relevant experience in a project, engineering or team management role, ideally one with both hardware and software elements in a product development environment
- Experience with advanced manufacturing methods
- Defence industry experience will be well regarded.
- Experience in working with researchers or a research background would be very helpful in this role.
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills to stay on top of a fast-moving design team
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to work with the big picture without losing grip of the details
- Demonstrate effective management of time (both personal and team) & technical direction
- Complete comprehensive project documentation and ensure planning is kept updated
- Tracking schedule and progress
- Keep teams on track and correctly prioritised
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You’ll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life’s best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.