Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally. Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Advanced Navigation is a global leader in high-accuracy navigation systems. We are located in Sydney with offices around the world, and a dominant presence in the US and European markets. We supply 68 of the top 100 largest companies with a broad range of technologies such as sensors, GNSS, inertial navigation, acoustics, robotics, AI and algorithms. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and are designed to deliver critical navigation information across sea, land, and air platforms including surface, subsea assets, ground vehicles, and unmanned aerial vehicles applications.
Joining our research and development team, you will be integral to developing our next generation of navigation and robotics products. You will be developing embedded C/C++ software, working on critical underpinning technologies for numerous emerging technology sectors.
- Collaboratively working with a passionate team of engineers programming in C/C++ for ARM Cortex-based high-end sensor and navigation devices
- Performing research to come up with software solutions to challenging problems and requirements
- Interface with bleeding-edge technology
- Testing and debugging of combined software, hardware, and web systems with a strong emphasis on documentation
- Implementation of navigation algorithms on an embedded target.
- Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics/Software/Computer Systems/Electrical) or Bachelor of Computer Science
- 5+ years C/C++ embedded programming experience
- Experience with ST Microelectronics STM32 microcontrollers is desirable.
- Prior RTOS experience (FreeRTOS preferred).
- A strong background in physics and mathematics.
- Strong understanding of digital signal processing (DSP) techniques
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and technical judgement.
- Embedded Web-UI development skills are highly desirable
- Intermediate Java development skills will be well regarded, particularly in the context of working with real-time devices
- You will be a technically-minded individual who enjoys the challenges posed by intricate problems that require perseverance and attention to detail
- You should be self driven to make improvements and resolve problems swiftly.
- You should be resilient if the problems prove difficult.
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You’ll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life’s best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.