Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally.
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
Our software engineering team is actively focused on building embedded, web and Android applications for our next-generation SaaS robotics command & control platform. You will be participating in all phases of the software development life-cycle and responsible for the creation and delivery of high-quality software from development to production environments.
In this role you will:
- Develop software to run onboard robotics platforms.
- Operate and test various robotics platforms.
- Develop web applications in Java.
- Work within SQL databases.
- Perform research to come up with software solutions to novel challenging problems and requirements.
- Champion a test first culture under TDD/BDD principles.
- Collaborate with other stakeholders and teams in establishing standards of quality and resolution of features and defects.
- Working with embedded software engineers to complete interoperability of IoT robotics hardware systems.
- Testing and debugging of combined software, hardware and web systems.
You should have:
- Experience working with UAVs or other robotics platforms.
- Experience with Java and/or C/C++.
- Experience with PX4 or Ardupilot.
- Experience working with SQL databases.
- Experience with TCP/IP networking.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organisational skills, attention to detail and technical judgement.
- Multi-project involvement developing enterprise applications in Java.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively to deliver results in demanding, deadline-driven situations.
- Ability to effectively communicate and coordinate with peers and senior management when required.
- Understanding of software design patterns and appropriate implementation thereof.
- Bachelor of engineering or bachelor of computer science.
You might also have:
- Prior experience within an IoT development product cycle.
- Experience with ROS highly desirable.
- Thorough knowledge around autopilots and robot operation highly desirable.
- Bachelor of Mechatronic Engineering highly desirable.
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You’ll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide. We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.
Apart from the above you will be doing your life’s best work in a large, fun office in central Sydney close to all public transportation and have access to barista made coffee, at our cafe below, to keep you going throughout the day.