Advanced Navigation is the global leader in navigation systems for air, land and sea. Our products are developed and manufactured in Australia and our main HQ is located in Sydney with offices around the world. With over 68 of the top 100 largest companies as customers, and a broad range of technologies, we are truly changing the way we navigate globally
Our ever growing team has world class expertise in the fields of inertial navigation, global navigation satellite systems, sensors, acoustics, AI, and RF technologies.
At Advanced Navigation, our core go-to-market strategy is to focus on vertical market segments; aerospace & defence, surveying, autonomous vehicles/robotics, and maritime/subsea, while delivering an incredible customer experience for all of our partners. We’re building a world-class sales/support/marketing organisation of passionate sellers, marketers, engineers, who want to be part of a quickly expanding global team. Our team leads the charge in bringing bleeding-edge navigation technology, robotics, and AI solutions to new and exciting applications across the world.
You will have the responsibility and ownership of driving the company numbers, orders, and revenue, for your specific vertical market segment. This will include owning and fostering existing and new customer relationships during the complete lifetime of the customer experience. You should be highly motivated and passionate about this role as you will be the face and the evangelist of the company when interacting with customers. This will include being responsible for representing/driving all customer initiatives cross-functionally in order to ensure success and aggressive market share growth.
In this role, you will:
- Be an early member of a quickly expanding global sales team
- Own the end to end sales process — prospect to close — for bringing Advanced Navigation solutions to companies within your vertical market segment
- Prospect into potential customers through a combination of targeted strategic account selling and direct pipeline leads follow-up
- Paint the Advanced Navigation vision and opportunity for prospects through a combination of ROI and qualitative value propositions
- Understand the technical requirements of each customer and work closely with application engineering to guide the direction of our product offerings and solutions
- Build strong relationships within prospects and customers for Advanced Navigation to drive deals to closure
- Partner with other Advanced Navigation teams (e.g. marketing, operations, and product management) to improve our go-to-market narrative and execution
You should have:
- 8+ years of business development or account management experience preferably with experience selling high-tech solutions in at least one of the following verticals; aerospace & defense, surveying, autonomous vehicles/robotics, or maritime/subsea
- Experience selling deals with an annual value above $1M
- Know how to navigate cross-functionally within an enterprise/partner to map stakeholders, build champions, generate buy-in, and close deals with VP and C-Level decision-makers
- Executive presence with the ability to represent and present in front of an audience
- Strong team player that is passionate about being a part of a fast-moving and entrepreneurial company
- An understanding that you will be travelling roughly 75% of the time
You might also have:
- Relevant technical knowledge, such as inertial sensors, acoustics, GNSS, optical sensors, and robotics with an ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied navigation services/products.
- Strong skills with CRM solutions such as SalesForce
- Excellent communication and writing skills with the ability to be both technical and analytical
- A sense of being coach-able and invested in your professional growth, development, and career path
What are some of the benefits you will have access to?
You’ll have access to industry-leading products with diverse applications within some of the most interesting and exciting projects worldwide.
Advanced Navigation offers various medical plans per state, providing a comprehensive level of medical coverage.
We’re growing a team of inspired, smart, and driven individuals from all sorts of backgrounds. With great opportunities for growth and variety, we strive to help each employee carve out the path that’s right for them.