We are a proudly Australian defence and space company located in South Australia. We offer specialist research and development services at the leading edge of technology for Defence and commercial customers. We provide services across several key areas including countermeasures and electronic warfare, simulation and modelling, space surveillance mission systems and systems engineering. We also develop satellite technologies and build spacecraft for our civilian and defence customers at our head office in Lot Fourteen, Adelaide.
Location: Defence, Science and Technology Group (DSTG), Edinburgh, South Australia.
To be a world-class small satellite and defence technical services provider.
Important to Know
We are very passionate about defence and space!
We value work/life balance and provide a flexible working environment in order to recruit and retain the best people. We therefore welcome applications for full-time, part-time, and flexible work arrangements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and actively encourage women and people of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Island descent, to apply to join our workplace where diversity and cultural safety are paramount.
We may contribute to relocation costs for the right candidate.
Position Broad Purpose
We are seeking a Scientist or Engineer to join our Modelling and Simulation Team to contribute to our aerospace modelling and simulation, and electronic warfare capability. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with leading experts both from Inovor and our customer to deliver recommendations to Defence clients.
You will be responsible for:
- Developing aerospace dynamic models and integrating them in different simulation environments.
- Live interfacing (monitor and control GUIs) with models running on real-time hardware.
- Development and maintenance of subsystem unit tests.
- Technical report writing.
- Engaging with and meeting defence requirements.
Reporting Relationships and Key Stakeholders
This position reports to the Team Leader, Modelling and Simulation.
The position will work closely with our:
- Modelling and Simulation team.
- Customer’s technical team.
Professional Competencies and Attributes
Diversity and Inclusion
- An understanding and commitment to embracing the diversity of backgrounds and perspectives of all so that we feel welcome, integrated and included in our workplace.
- Excellent technical and customer-focussed writing skills.
- Excellent verbal communication skills that enable you to establish a great working relationship with our team and our customers.
- Emotional intelligence that supports working in a small and agile company with other highly focussed, intelligent people.
- Demonstrated problem solving and analytical skills.
Criteria – Essential
We are seeking talented scientists or engineers who have:
- A relevant degree in Engineering, Science or Computer Science.
- Experience using Simulink and MATLAB.
- Eligibility for, or an existing, Australian NV1 security clearance. To meet this, candidates must be Australian citizens and should have lived in Australia for 10 years.
Skills and Knowledge – Desirable
- Simulation and modelling of aerospace systems.
- RF modelling, design, and signal processing.
- Software skills across a range of languages (MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C/C++).
- Experience with FPGAs.
- Foundation in statistics, data processing and analysis.
- Report writing and customer engagement.
Hours of work: Full Time
Remuneration: Negotiable based on experience
Applying for this position:
Please forward your resume with a maximum two page covering letter addressing the professional competencies and attributes, essential criteria and relevant skills and knowledge.
Please include your salary expectation in the application.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What’s your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in computer science?