Altran works alongside its clients, from initial concept through industrialisation, to invent the products and services of tomorrow.
Altran is recruiting for a Systems Engineer for our Bristol office.
- Altran supports the client in providing the systems engineering approach to support new product development and operational changes. You will work closely with all other engineering disciplines to deliver technical solutions at all stages of the product lifecycle.
- Our engineers work across different programmes in a dynamic and busy environment, ensuring tasks are delivered effectively and technical issues are resolved quickly
- You will deliver systems engineering solutions to support client programmes, with a focus on requirements analysis, development and V&V
- You will be in a client-facing role, with significant amount of time spent on client sites, maintaining direct customer relationships, and representing your work and that of your colleagues to the customer
- The initial project need relates to a software system, but subsequent projects may also be in electrical or mechanical domains.
- Tasks would include:
- Technical requirements generation, analysis and management, in MS VisualStudio environment
- Agreeing and specifying acceptance criteria and appropriate means of compliance with end users
- Acting as an integrator and interface between end-users, project management, and the software development team
- Utilise Agile development practices
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in an engineering or scientific discipline
- General familiarity with working in aerospace, defence or similar industries
- Experience in generating and/or analysing technical requirements, and articulating technical arguments to demonstrate compliance to those requirements. Ideally have experience of specifying requirements for different product domains (e.g. software, mechanical, electrical products)
- Familiarity with software development cycles and an Agile development method would be beneficial
- Experience with VisualStudio/Azure is ideal
- Experience with writing or approving engineering documentation, and associated change management processes.
- Understanding of a broad range of product development, verification and in-service processes and techniques; e.g. the systems V cycle, product lifecycles, qualification plans and reports, configuration control, technical risk management, etc is beneficial.
- Demonstrable experience in planning and delivering significant tasks to schedule and budget; the wide variety of responsibilities requires effective time management across multiple projects and prioritisation of work
- High levels of self-motivation and customer focus, being comfortable with written and verbal communication to a range of audience levels on a broad range of associated engineering topics