Our mission is supported by an ambitious vertically integrated approach: design & manufacture of small satellites combined with development of earth observation services.
Since its creation in 2018, the company has already grown substantially. Our team gathers more than 25 engineering expertise, from hardware design to software development & data science.
In 2023, Aerospacelab counts offices in Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium), Bordeaux (France) and Lausanne (Switzerland) with more than 200 full-time employees, with the ambition to position itself as the European leader in small satellites.
To strengthen our team, we are creating the position of :
HEAD OF SOFTWARE PRODUCTS
We are looking for a strong manager to lead our software development teams.
This role at Aerospacelab is one of the most significant and challenging roles in the company. You will be a key relay between the CTO and founder of the company and the software engineers.
The right candidate is both extremely hands on – technically excellent, with solid software development principles – and exhibits strong leadership and people development skills.
We expect you to:
- Play a key role in the definition of the engineering roadmap working closely with the CTO and the future product management team,
- Be hands on – it’s one of the job’s fundamental task and most of our development managers are writing and reviewing code, giving expert level coaching and guidance to their engineers,
- Love software engineering and share a passion for building things elegantly and at scale.
- You are proficient in different languages, have experienced development methods including agile and you are in touch with where the industry is going,
- You have strong opinions about how systems should be architected, engineered and maintained,
- Do full stack engineering: you should have solid experience in all parts of the technology stack: infrastructure, client side, back end, performance, data and others,
- Manage workload and guarantee the quality of the deliverables,
- Develop the skills of your teams – People are our greatest asset. You have a keen interest in developing your team: inspiring those around them so they can achieve their potential,
- Grow the team : Being able to bring A-players such as yourself from outside and integrated them into the business will be important.
- Manage an international team. The working language is English, French or Dutch is a plus.
- Build your own career path,
- Direct impact on the growth trajectory of the company,
- Flat hierarchy,
- Fast-paced environment,
- Flexible ways of working,
- Salary package consistent with your experience.