From Space We Can Solve the Biggest Challenges on Earth.
Aevum, Inc. is an American technology company that designs, develops, and sells autonomous air, space, and package transportation services. The company focuses on autonomous technologies, rapid logistics, e-commerce, cloud computing, and artificial intelligence.
Our Social Mission
Aevum, Inc. was founded to democratize access to space and directly enable space-based assets that can connect the other half of the world that currently do not have access to the internet. We believe that the right technologies deployed in space can help make the world better and transcend the unity of humankind.
The Autonomous Technology department of Aevum is charged with designing, developing, testing, producing, delivering, maintaining, and disposing of autonomous technologies. Autonomous technologies at Aevum are typically related to automating the transportation of payloads originating somewhere on Earth to some other destination (on Earth or somewhere in the universe).
The engineering team of the Autonomous Technology department is seeking a software engineer to design, develop, and test Aevum’s experimental mission management technology. You will engage with other Aevum engineers to define requirements, software architecture, and engineer code. You will be the responsible engineer for the complete life-cycle of the software that you develop.
You will focus on front-end development based on UI/UX designer and customer requirements and feedback.
The ideal candidate is academically astute, inquisitive and relentlessly focused on mission success. This is a fast-paced, entry- to mid-career position. The ideal candidate must have demonstrated success working with multi-disciplinary, highly technical teams.
Aevum’s timelines are aggressive and our engineers are expected to work hard as necessary. Aevum’s ideal candidate is passionate about making the world better, is a self-starter, and is hungry to do work that matters.
- Be the glue between design and engineering
- Be a strong advocate for UX
- Develop UI against customer requirements
- Work closely with the autonomous launch vehicle team to understand flight hardware specifications and derive technical requirements to support the development of reliable mission software
- Critically think through real-world scenarios described by customers or team leads and help develop necessary software applications
- Build prototypes and frameworks for design processes
- Research or partner with researchers on product design
- Write production code using the version control system
- Work within a multidisciplinary engineering team to achieve a goal against tight deadlines
- Support community work such as giving presentations or recruiting by creating tools to help support team members in other departments
- Research technical topics and report to team lead as requested
A limited amount of travel may be required to support flight tests and space launch operations.
Aevum prioritizes the safety of our employees and their families. Therefore, Aevum employees will be required to work remotely as much as possible. During this time, Aevum will also restrict travel both domestically and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or technical related field and 0-5 years of experience in high-level programming languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, Visual Basic, etc.
- OR 2+ years of experience in high-level programming languages such as Python, Java, Ruby, Visual Basic, etc.
- Demonstrated experience successfully developing and deploying web applications
- Solid understanding of programming fundamentals
- Great collaboration skills to work alongside design, research, and product partners
- Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines
- Effective communication and teamwork skills
- At least some experience with architectures and frameworks and UX
- Experience working with serverless deployment platforms like Heroku, Vercel, AWS Lambda, Firebase, etc.
- Experience working with frameworks like Django, Angular, Vue.js, jQuery, React, Next, Flask, etc.
- Experience working with teams working on the backend of web applications or software architecture design
- Experience with CICD methods
- Working knowledge of software architectures and design concepts
- Demonstrated ability to be trusted with confidential, classified, proprietary, or export-controlled information/data
- As needed, must be willing to work extended hours and occasional weekends.
To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Dental insurance, health insurance, paid time off, vision insurance, stock incentives, bonus potential, great work culture with a chance to be part of a revolutionary team.
Weekdays; weekends as necessary
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Employment with Aevum is governed by qualifications, competence, and merit. Employment will not be influenced by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability, or any other legally protected status.